Friday, March 03, 2006

Diabolic Scheme

I am currently in the research phase of a new design project centered around different artists' interpretations of the Black Arts. The limited edition set will include a small book, a new font, a dingbat font based on the theme, a motion graphics music video (with original score, costume and choreography) and limited edition silkscreened posters. The project is an exploration of satanism, grimoire, demonology, witchcraft, hoaxes, posession, seance/medium, pre-hispanic codexes, talismans, numerology and anything else that is deemed evil enough.

Some of you may be wondering where the black arts project has been hiding. I'm sorry. I know that research was supposed to be in full swing as of February. I've dug back into my occult library and plan on posting more information here as the collaboration unfolds. To prove my honor, here is a page from my devlish sketchbook:
In the meantime, check out some of the artists who are working with Faust Haus to make this happen: Brian Romero, Serge Seidlitz, Jon Mizrachi, Kirsten Johansen, Arielle Toelke & Rachel Brensilver.

1 Comments:

Blogger Uncle John said...

Love your paintings. You've taken cubism and impressionism and expressionism and really moved them forward, and seemingly without effort. I've been waiting to see someone who would could advance the art and you really do it!

December 05, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home