Thursday, February 15, 2007

Mmm…album art…


Happy Mondays’ Pills ‘N’ Thrills and Bellyaches; Central Station Design

From: Factory Records: The Complete Graphic Album; Chronicle Books

“Matthew Robertson‘s beautiful [book] is a 500-image, 224-page book that looks less at the label’s musical influence…and more at the indelible mark head designer Peter Saville left on the vidual-arts community. Saville and company’s creative style came to define both the post-punk and early rave scenes–minimal and streamlined in its design yet weighty in its impact.” --Ken Taylor, XLR8R Magazine

See more of Peter Saville’s impressive portfolio filled with images, typography and all sorts of graphic design. Learn more about him here. Learn more about Central Station Design and artists/brothers Matt and Pat Carroll.

2 Comments:

Blogger t.a.m.s.y. said...

I do love me some album art. That's the coolest version of that Happy Mondays album cover I've seen — much more distinctive than this one or especially this lame infringement-free version.

The one you posted reminds me kinda sorta of this Bacchus cover that Eddie Campbell recently featured.

February 16, 2007  
Blogger Leah Faust said...

Dean thanks for this. I have seen the infringement-free version and it's LAME. But I get it. The man, he wants your money. Especially if you're an independent artist. But I digress.

Thanks for the link to Eddie Campbell's blog- I've never been there and have been enjoying reading the back-posts...

February 16, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home