Monday, July 28, 2008

Get Schooled By The Intern: Funk’tional Art.

Applied art refers to the application of design to objects (print or studio) of function and everyday use. Whereas the fine arts serve as a sort of intellectual stimulation to the viewer, applied (or functional) arts incorporate creative ideals to objects, such as coasters, a decorative park bench or lists to be used in every day situations.

A majority of the projects I created were inspired by Knock Knock, “a semi-spanking-new design company with aspirations to greatness.” Their merch is both aesthetically pleasing and hilariously witty, so you should check it out.

For my blog assignment this week, I decided to create a family of lists that can be used. And thanks to the magic of the interweb, you can print these out and use them for yourself. Here’s the line-up (click on the image for more info):



And here they are, cut-out and in action:



I hope that was as good for you as it was for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeepbeepmoop said...

Oh, how I miss you, Jessica.

August 09, 2008  
Blogger margauxagency said...

I love this! I work at Knock Knock and your work inspires me so much! Glad to see we inspire as well. Much love and thanks for the plug!

-monica
Junior Designer @ Knock Knock

October 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home